1 Point for Deer - Want to hunt WYO next year.

H

HirschHunter

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. If you have 1 point going into the draw this next season and wanted to hunt WYO for mule deer, what units would you be looking at? There's a group of 4 of us, all non residents (California) who are desperately trying to get out of this State to chase some animals. I like Wyoming, I like what the State has to offer. You folks who live there, really have a good thing going for your big game animals. We're not looking for trophy animals, just some opportunities to fill our tags. If we can wind up chasing some big bucks all the better, but we want to get our feet wet in another state. We're not afraid of working hard for our game either. As of now, we'll be on foot. Like I said, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

If you're good outdoorsmen, in good shape, and have good equipment I'd suggest area G or H. In my opinion its by far your best chance to kill a decent buck if you're willing to work at it. Its a backpack hunt in some rugged country and you won't be alone. Take a look at the Non typical or Greys River Trophies website if you want to see what lives there. Its also closest to Cali. Good luck.

We're up for the challenge for sure and I appreciate the info. Area G is where I want to go, however I heard it takes like 3 points to draw.

Ya region g will take you 3+ points to draw next year so you can count that out.
Here's the mrs section from eastmans. It'll tell you what you can draw with 1 point and where's some good units. Hope it helps
144image.jpg

Thanks guys.

Hubba, thanks for reminding me that I need to renew my Eastman's hunting subscription once again.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom