1,080 and beyond head shots

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Don't know what all the fuss is about head shots, here is a picture of one taken at 1,080. I have made quite a few at this range and way beyond, all it takes is practice. ;-) Oh, by the way I am talking inches, not yards.

1750p1020118_email.jpg

Is that a pellet rifle?
I love shooting turkeys.
Nice bird. Esp. if you shot it
with an air rifle. congrats!!

1,080 inches equals 30yards........nice bird Bill. Great looking rifle too...would take care of lots of small critters like these damn Moles and Gophers we have around here.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

I got a friend that has one of those souped airguns and they shoot pigeons in the livestock auction barns for a couple of different barns and dairys. They get alot of pigeons in a day.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

From the California Regs for small game: (f) Air rifles powered by compressed air or gas and used with any caliber of pellet, except that wild turkey may only be taken with a pellet that is at least 0.177 caliber.

Nice Bird, great job!

Best of Luck,
Jeff
http://www.elkmtngear.com

I'd never heard of hunting turkeys with a pellet gun. Cool!

1080....that's what we need to control wolves.

Eel

Well I posted this in the elk forum after the heated discussion about the botched elk shot that just happened to whack it in the head. Guess it got moved over here. Any ways, these pneumatic air rifles can be very accurate and fun to shoot. The down side in them is that you can wrap up just about as much in them as you would with a factory rifle. But it is nice to shoot in your backyard with great accuracy.

Bill

>I got a friend that has
>one of those souped airguns
>and they shoot pigeons in
>the livestock auction barns for
>a couple of different barns
>and dairys. They get alot
>of pigeons in a day.
>
>
>"I have found if you go
>the extra mile it's Never
>crowded".
>>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>>the MM green signature club.[font/]

It's a blast to ride around in warehouses on a golfcart and shoot them at night. They just fly from corner to corner.

Pretty bird.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom