08 ram

T

timpram

I got this ram in 08 on Mount Timpanogas, Utah. Had a friend post it on Utah forum, but have been asked to post it here and it has taken me a while to figure out how. This was only the third tag given out on this unit and will be the last for a very long time, if ever, due to them not doing well. Great hunt. Hunted for 16 days and I believe I got the biggest ram on the mtn. Having my boys there made it even better.
1952048.jpg

2080069.jpg

7968056.jpg

Sweet ram Paul and great pix too. It's always a wonderful trip when you can spend it with your kids.
Thanks for sharing with us.

Zeke

Congratulations Paul,
Do you know where #47 came from? What transplant?
I sure hope that herd can make a comeback because I love being able to watch them.
It would be nice if sometime one of your boys could hunt a ram from that herd! That would be cool.

#47 came from Sula Montana in 2001. He was just a lamb when transplanted. He was the only ram I saw during the hunt or since from that first transplant.

Hey Timpram,

I ran into you two years ago on opening day of the archery deer hunt. My friend and I were sitting at a rock look out looking for a buck I named "high five". No one slse was around and then you and a friend showed up. we talked briefly and then you guys went on your way. Well luck was with you because you found the deer first. Most guys would have gone after him, but you knew we had spent time scouting him, and looking that morning. You let us go after him. It didn't happen for us that morning, but I just wanted to tell you I think your a class act.

It's rare in this world to come across someone of your character, and I just wanted to tell you that. Congrats on your ram, I have video of him in the winter before you killed him. Let me know if you would like the footage.

Broadfork,

Thanks for the kind words. It was a long ways up there to think of hauling out a deer anyway. Maybe I'll run into you up there again sometime. I love it up there, always seem to be some nice bucks too. I've got a lot of live shots of that ram,but thanks anyway. Good luck this year!

It is still hopeful for the herd. This winter I have seen three different groups of sheep along the front. There are two rams that I have seen several times on the golf course at the mouth of the canyon and one pretty good ram south of Grove Creek with a few other sheep. We can only hope they make it and continue to reproduce. Congrats on a nice sheep.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom