06 Toyota Tundra blinker problem

B

bakerboy

Thought I would ask. My blinkers do not work, but my hazard lights work. I have checked all of my fuses inside the truck and under the hood. I have also replaced the Flasher and it still didnt work.
I know I am going to have to spend the money to have someone tell me what is wrong, I just thought someone on here might have another suggestion.
My only other thought it could be the blinker switch that is attached to the steering wheel. Other than that it might be something electrical and that is way above my pay grade.

Suggestions appriciated.

There is (I don't know how newer vehicles are but older models) a relay that all the lights run through. Could be the portion that does turn signals is burnt out.
WVBOWAK

check all the relays first. theyre cheap and easy to change. if not that it sounds like the switch to me

+1 on checking your blinker fluid. Toyotas are notorious for muffler bearing issues too!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I had the same problem with a Toyota SR-22. The blinker only ever worked half the time.

HOOK 'EM!

If you check the blinker fluid, make sure you get a metric crescent wrench, you are driving a foreign truck. You will want to take the cap off, some times the fluid can get excess condensate and vapor lock.

I'll tell you who it was . . . it was that D@MN Sasquatch!

Sounds like a loose widget arm on the maniform!

See that Emblem on the Grille?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

I seriously just had the same damn problem with my work truck. Hazards worked but blinkers did not.
I had to replace my flasher box. I think that is what it was called. There should be two of them. One for you blinkers and one for you hazards side by side. Mine was up under my dash behind my stereo deck. That fixed the problem. If you have already done that well sorry boss cant help ya

LAST EDITED ON Aug-31-11 AT 07:28AM (MST)[p]>
>See that Emblem on the Grille?
>
>
>
>
>For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids
>on this Site,Some of them
>are 65 years Old!:D

LOL! Thats exactly what I was thinking they kinda circled the problem for you on the grille. Oh and getting a ford would only complicate the issue further. JK (everybody calm down) Have seen turn signals run through brake switches too but my money would be on the turn signal switch. Google up a schematic and follow power flow Japanese cars route things funky in my past experiences with them.

7mm wsm 600yrd. and closer checkmate

ah just take it to your local mechanic simple in and out job shouldnt cost more than say 25 to 35 hundred dollars and have it out in a week . Will simply have to come in thru the glove box may have to rewire the chassy fender I bet your lug sheen is a bit loose . Tell em Rusty sent ya
Rusty Springs
House of pings .

Just a little advice on your blinker problem....the campfire forum is the LAST place to look for honest help....

+1 on the relay. I had this happen on my dodge recently. Its a 2 dollar fix. So I would try that first. There's probably one for your blinkers and one for your hazards, just switch them and see if it reverses where the hazards don't work and the blinker does. If that doesn't help - look elsewhere.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom