Yukon Dall Hunt

Magnificent ram--much congrats!! I'm also envious of all the blue skies I saw in that video... :)

im 69 and have hunted nm tx co wy since i was 12...went to the yukon in 09...when i stepped out of the last plane on a dock, id been on 6 planes starting in nm...i could write a short book ...it was the greatest adventure in my life...what we call rivers they call creeks, what we call valleys they call canyons...the mountains are endless...i will tell one short part..i shot a record book caribou miles south of camp on a drainage that led up to camp...by the time we got it on the horses it was dark...we rode in total darkness for about 3 hours, the horses knew the way...the brush would hit my face and i finally put my head on the saddle horn....i got motion sickness, if i had eaten anything i would have puked...finally i could see the lake by the cabin, when we tied the horses and got my feet on the ground the nausea left...at the time i was a cowboy!! if you get a chance to go to the yukon go!!

Must be a neat rick to put your head on the "saddle horn". I am not hudini enough. I have rode many miles in the dark in Colorado...it all depends on the horse. Glad you had a great experience.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom