Moose/Sheep Bonus, Preference, Random, or Combination

Preference, Bonus, or Combo?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Southpawshooter

Moose and Sheep Only!

I added something for discussion, 50% preference / 50% bonus. A suggestion I don't recall seeing or even being discussed. I might have missed it though.

Let's see what you guys really think.

It doesn't really matter. There aren't enough tags to make any of the options desirable to the guys who are sitting on a pile of points. Further diluting that pool makes it even worse for those who have invested.

If I remove my personal feelings, 100% random is the only thing that makes sense. Add an application fee that makes up for the lost PP revenue. Of course, wg&f can't do that because of the position they are in...

sooo everyone goes to zero points.?

plus no income down the road for game and fish

wont work
Sure it would. The revenue is stupid and anyone who lives in WY should be upset that the state agency is making that much money for nothing. As for those with points, they bought a point nothing more... But heck we can easily make up the point revenue.

But the solution for those with points. Sell no more points, those with points have a bonus point system until all points are purged. Getting rid of points will only hurt the top could hundred point holder and completely help the thousands below.

It doesn't really matter. There aren't enough tags to make any of the options desirable to the guys who are sitting on a pile of points. Further diluting that pool makes it even worse for those who have invested.

If I remove my personal feelings, 100% random is the only thing that makes sense. Add an application fee that makes up for the lost PP revenue. Of course, wg&f can't do that because of the position they are in...
Yes if we get rid of the personal entitlement perspective/emotion 100% is the best system. As you pointed out the revenue is not an issue there are a ton of ways to make up that revenue.

Sure it would. The revenue is stupid and anyone who lives in WY should be upset that the state agency is making that much money for nothing. As for those with points, they bought a point nothing more... But heck we can easily make up the point revenue.

But the solution for those with points. Sell no more points, those with points have a bonus point system until all points are purged. Getting rid of points will only hurt the top could hundred point holder and completely help the thousands below.

so the help the guy below like you?

Year after year, the story never changes, the three biggest losers on revenue minus expenses for the G&F are, in order, fishing (-$6.2M), Bighorns (-$1.6M), and Pheasants (-$1.5M). PP revenue is used largely to cover cheap fishing licenses, expensive pheasant stocking and fragile bighorns.

Year after year, the story never changes, the three biggest losers on revenue minus expenses for the G&F are, in order, fishing (-$6.2M), Bighorns (-$1.6M), and Pheasants (-$1.5M). PP revenue is used largely to cover cheap fishing licenses, expensive pheasant stocking and fragile bighorns.
Those are some interesting numbers.
Do they include the PP cost for sheep with the sheep expense?
How do they divy up things like conservation license fees?

Watch the TRW meeting, zero chance Sheep points are going away. And a slim chance of Bonus points passing from what I saw.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom